So, "Hamilton" is coming to Fort Lauderdale and you wanna ticket. But, how to get the hottest ticket in town? Play the lottery. No, not Powerball, the "Hamilton" lottery.
Producer Jeffrey Seller and Broadway in Fort Lauderdale tell miamiartzine.com how to possibly, and I say, possibly, get your digits on "Hamilton" tickets.
Ok. Here's the 305 on the 954.
The digital lottery for "Hamilton" begins with the show’s first performance Tuesday, in Ft. Lauderdale at Broward Center for the Performing Arts. Forty tickets will be sold for every performance for $10 each. The digital lottery will open at 11 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 16 for tickets to the Tuesday, Dec. 18 performance. Subsequent digital lotteries will begin two days prior to each performance.
How To Enter
- Use the official app for "Hamilton" for all iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (http://hamiltonmusical.com/app).
- You can also visit http://hamiltonmusical.com/lottery to register.
- The lottery will open at 11 a.m. two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9 a.m. the day prior to the performance.
- Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at approximately 11 a.m. the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided).
- No purchase or payment necessary to enter or participate.
- Each winning entrant may purchase up to two tickets.
- Only one entry per person. Repeat entries and disposable email addresses will be discarded.
- Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4 p.m. the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 4 p.m. the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
- Lottery tickets may be picked up at will call beginning 2 hours prior to the performance with a valid photo ID. Lottery tickets void if resold.
- Patrons must be 18 years or older and have a valid, non-expired photo ID that matches the name used to enter. Tickets are non-transferable. Ticket limits and prices displayed are at the sole discretion of the show and are subject to change without notice.
- Lottery prices are not valid on prior purchases. Lottery ticket offer cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. All sales final - no refunds or exchanges. Lottery may be revoked or modified at any time without notice. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve the chances of winning.
Tickets for "Hamilton" are currently on sale. Patrons are advised to check the official "Hamilton" channels and www.ticketmaster.com for late release seats which may become available at short notice.
"Hamilton" is the story of America's Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington's right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B, and Broadway, "Hamilton" is the story of America then, as told by America now.
With book, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, direction by Thomas Kail, choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler and music supervision and orchestrations by Alex Lacamoire, "Hamilton" is based on Ron Chernow’s biography of Founding Father Alexander Hamilton.
Performances are at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts as part of the Broadway Across America series from Tuesday, Dec. 18 to Sunday, Jan. 20, 2019