Yo Miami is turning four years old. The artist collective/exhibition space located in the artistically burgeoning Little Haiti area has grown significantly since it started as just a Facebook page for event listings. This hub for nurturing local talent has become a bridge between business looking for novel creativity and professionals that are able to deliver something fresh; they recently curated the parking garage wall exhibition permanently on display at Downtown Miami’s Whole Foods. Now, founder Yuval Ofir is happy to announce the launching of a Permanent Collection at Yo Miami’s 4-Year Anniversary Bash on Sunday, March 24 from 6 to 10 p.m. at Yo Space (294 N.E. 62nd St).
The Permanent Collection will feature the works of well-known local artists and chronicle their artistic evolution. The first pieces of the collection will be exhibited in the show “What Remains,” the focal point of the evening. “What Remains” is a tribute to Miami as an incubator for artists, particularly of the street art genre, which has been mainstream recently. Fifteen local artists were selected to paint chairs from the Miami Marine Stadium; in the past few years, the abandoned stadium has become an open canvas for graffiti artists to practice their craft. Physical remnants of landmark stadium will represent recollections from local artists on Miami’s impact on their development. Additionally, one may catch sight of Yuval Ofir’s personal collection, also on display for the evening.
- "What Remains" artists: Trek 6, Rei Ramirez, Ruben Ubiera, Jay Bellicchi (Remote), Claudio Picasso (CP1), Yuhmi Collective, Lorie Ofir, Ivan Roque, Raul Santos II (OEMS), Luis Berros (STYLE), Douglas Hoekzema, Nicole Salgar, James Brutus, Nate Dee, and Atomik.
- Featured mural installation and pop up show by Raul Santos II
- Live Music: Juke. Elastic Bond (acoustic set ft. Komakozie). Raffa Jo + Jayjohero. -DJ: Mr. Jolt (Jolt Radio)
- Local Breweries: Wynwood Brewing Co., MIA Brewing Co., J Wakefield Brewing, Concrete Beach Brewery.
- Food Trucks: Ms. Cheezious and HipPops Handcrafted Gelato Bars.