miamiartzine.com is in solidarity with our community arts partners and their cancellations in an effort to protect their audiences from COVID-19.
We will continue to update the website with the latest news about events in the city.
Be safe and healthy,
The miamiartzine.com team
Postponed or Canceled:
Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts: All performances canceled through through April 5. Performance set for Wednesday, March 18 by the Rotterdam Symphony Orchestra with Emanuel Ax performance canceled due to travel restrictions. Full refunds. Call box office at (305) 949-6722 or email email@example.com.
American Airlines Arena: Scheduled events through April 1 have been postponed at the AmericanAirlines Arena include:
- Thursday, March 12 – Aventura
- Thursday, March 19 – Disney On Ice
- Friday, March 20 – Disney On Ice
- Saturday, March 21 – Disney On Ice
- Sunday, March 22 – Disney On Ice
- Tuesday, March 24 – Cher
- Monday, March 29 – Ricardo Montaner
Tickets purchased for any of the will be honored for the rescheduled dates, which are still to be determined. Guests should stay tuned to AAArena.com for updated information.
Dance Now! Miami: Italy’s Opus Ballet’s United States debut with Dance Now! Miami has been postponed from Saturday, March 21 at 8:30 p.m. at the Aventura Arts and Cultural Center to a later date. www.dancenowmiami.org.
HistoryMiami: HistoryMiami has closed. Events and gatherings are postponed or canceled.
- 27th Annual Miami International Map Fair scheduled for Saturday, March 14, Sunday, March 15.
- Embracing the Lens: The BlackFlorida Project Exhibition opening reception scheduled for Thursday, March 19 is postponed. The exhibition will open in the gallery on Friday, March 20.
- The Flamingo Ball scheduled for Saturday, April 18 is postponed.Weekend Hands-On-History activities, suspended until further notice.
- All public City Tours canceled through April.
Info at www.historymiami.org.
Jazz in the Gardens Music Festival: Festival postponed due to coronavirus concerns after Miami Gardens Mayor Oliver Gilbert signed a local state of emergency. These events include Poetry in the Gardens, Women’s Impact Luncheon, the Official Press Conference, and Opening Night Party that were scheduled for Thursday, March 12 and Friday, March 13, as well as the Music Festival on Saturday, March 14 and Sunday, March 15. For more information, https://www.jazzinthegardens.com/2020-jitg-lineup/
Jewish Museum of Miami: Out of an abundance of caution and with the health and well-being of our guests and community the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU will be closed to the public until further notice.
The following programs have been canceled:
- "Eddy Portnoy: Under My Skin: The Story of Jews & Tattoos," Monday, March 16.
- Fishman Scholar-in-Residence Program with Prof. Steven T. Katz, Sunday, March 22.
- "Eric Zafran: Images of Antisemitism in the Medieval World," Monday, March 30
- "Prof. Lindsay Kaplan: Fighting Racism in Medieval Christianity, Thursday, April 2
Check website at https://jmof.fiu.edu/ for any museum updates.
Locust Projects: Canceling all public programs through March 27. Gallery open through March 21, the closing day of current exhibitions by Jeff Thompson and Marielle Plasir. 3852 North Miami Ave. More info at www.locustprojects.org.
MDC Live Arts: Miami Dade College is canceling all cultural events.In line with other cultural institutions and centers, MDC Live Arts will cancel all events until further notice, including ALL scheduled performances of "Josh Fox’s The Truth Has Changed" and "ECOCultura Fest." Visit MDC's information and resource page and check back frequently.
Miami Beach venues: As of Friday, The Fillmore Miami Beach, the Colony Theatre and North Beach Bandshell are closed indefinitely.
Miami Film Festival: The festival’s 37th edition, hosted by Miami-Dade College, has canceled its events and screenings. Information regarding tickets purchased in advance will be emailed directly to buyers. The festival opened Friday, March 6 and was to continue through Sunday, March 15. www.miamifilmfestival.com
Miami Symphony Orchestra: Concerts for Friday, March 13 at Miami Design District, Saturday, March 14 at the Moore Building Elastika, and March 15 at Miami Botanical Garden postponed. Tickets renewed for the Mystery of Genius concert set for Sunday, March 14, 2021. Or can be exchanged for any concerts. More information, www.themiso.org.
New World Symphony: The New World Center for all public events from March 13 through April 12.
- March 13-14: Nu Deco Ensemble
- March 14: Yoga Mornings
- March 15: Harpsichord Hero
- March 16: Solo Spotlight: New Music For Percussion Trio
- March 18: Virtual Hangout
- March 20-21: Scheherazade, including the WALLCAST® concert
- March 27: Beer and Brass
- March 28: Percussion Consort
- April 3: PRIDE: Late Night at the New World Symphony
- April 5: Concert For Kids: Let’s Dance
- April 6: Beethoven RECOMPOSED
- April 6: Music and Mindfulness
- April 8: Virtual Hangout
- April 10: Music For Histiocytosis: Playing for a Cure
- April 11: Yoga Mornings
- April 11: Sounds of the Times: Symphonic Cabaret
Check the New World Symphony website for updates. For info, https://www.nws.edu/
Ultra Music Festival: The 22nd edition of Ultra Music Festival, originally scheduled for March 20, 21 and 22, 2020 will be postponed to March 26, 27 and 28, 2021. Due to the Florida Governor’s declaration of a public health emergency and Centers of Disease Control and Prevention’s Interim Guidance for COVID-19, it is impossible for the City to provide access to Bayfront Park at this time.
Information at https://ultramusicfestival.com/official-notice.