LifeNet4Families Casino Royale Annual Gala 2023
Saturday, Oct 7, 2023 from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM - English
LifeNet4Families, a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending homelessness, hunger, and poverty, will honor community leaders and corporations of distinction for their contributions to serving and stabilizing the impoverished as well as promoting health and well-being during its Casino Royale Annual Gala 2023 fundraiser on October 7.
Show more >>
LifeNet4Families, a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending homelessness, hunger, and poverty, has announced the honorees for its Casino Royale Annual Gala 2023 fundraiser set to take place at 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 7, at The Venue (2345 Wilton Drive, Fort Lauderdale).
Burnadette Norris-Weeks, Esq. of Austin Pamies Norris Weeks Powell, PLLC,Kathleen Cannon, president and CEO of United Way of Broward County and Robert Taylor, president and CEO of BBI have been named asLeaders of Distinction while Publix Supermarket Charities, Inc. and Downtown Photo will be celebrated as 2023 Community Service Honorees for their contributions to serving and stabilizing the impoverished as well as promoting health and well-being in South Florida. WPLG Local 10's Emmy award-winning Anchor Calvin Hughes will host this engaging and elegant night of excitement and purpose.Casino Royale promises to be a thrilling evening with all proceeds earmarked to provide shelter, meals, and essential support services to those facing homelessness and hunger.
The black-tie-optional fundraiser will offer a variety of fun games during the cocktail reception at 6 p.m. Step into a recreated world of a glamourous high-stakes casino, complete with live and silent auctions featuring unique items. Live entertainment and dinner will follow at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $250 per person and are available to purchase at website. Sponsorships are still available. For more details, please visit website.
2345 Wilton Drive,
The School of Gutsy Advertising by GUT Miami
Oct 16, 2023 to Oct 19, 2023 - various times - English
We are so sorry to hear about the news regarding the abrupt closure of the Miami Art Institute. We love being part of the creative industry, and deeply care about supporting our community. Our agency will host any Miami Art Institute student who was affected and give free classes and workshops at our agency offering skills in business, creativity and more during the week of October 16-19.
If you're a MAI student who was impacted, or know of someone who was, and would like to learn more, please fill out this form and we'll get back to you with more details soon. We're here to help. -- GUT Miami
Online & In-Person
FLITE Center's 6th Annual Signature Grand Heroes Luncheon
Friday, Oct 27, 2023 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM - English
FLITE Center invites the community toits sixth annual Signature Grand Heroes Luncheon on October 27. This event honor partners, funders and frontline staff from collaborating organizations who support and dedicate their lives to impacting youth in South Florida's Transitional Independent Living (TIL) System of Care.
FLITE Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to guiding vulnerable youth and those transitioning out of foster care towards independence through housing, education, employment, and comprehensive care coordination, will host its sixth annual Signature Grand Heroes Luncheon on Friday, October 27, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Show more >>
The event, hosted by WPLG Local 10's Eric Yutzy, will take place at Signature Grand (6900 State Road 84 in Davie). FLITE Center's Signature Grand Heroes Luncheon is a tribute to the organization's partners, funders, and frontline staff who support and dedicate their lives to impacting youth in South Florida's Transitional Independent Living (TIL) System of Care. Over the years, the event has gathered over 500 guests, and this year's luncheon is anticipated to draw an even larger audience, reflecting the growing impact of FLITE Center's mission.
This year's honorees and their respective award categories are:
- Albert & Beatriz Miniaci Lifetime Heroes Award - Sandy Harris (Board Member Emeritus) and Tom Loffredo
- Community Champion Award - Michael Goodman, GPR | Goodman Public Relations
- FLITE Mitzvah Award (in honor of FLITE Center's 13th Anniversary) - ROIG Attorneys, Eva Schlanger and Sadie Suarez Bat Mitzvah Projects, Leadership Broward Foundation Class 41 - Team Birds of a Feather, Cypress Bay National Honor Society, Greater Fort Lauderdale Rotary Club, Kiwanis Club of Greater Fort Lauderdale
- Gore Foundation You Matter Award - Stichiz from WMIB 103.5 The Beat and Doug Miller, FK Your Diet
- Memorial Healthcare System Collaborators of the Year - Career Development Pathways: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino; United Healthcare/Optum, and CareerSource Broward
- TIL System of Care Hero Award - Terry Merlin, TLM Real Estate Holdings and Susan Renneisen, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- TIL System of Care Impact Award - HOPE Court
- TIL System of Care Unsung Heroes - Frontline staff from collaborating organizations in the TIL System of Care
- UKG Ultimate Acts of Kindness - Kim Sarni, South Florida Business & Wealth/Lifestyle Media Group and Scott Dunseath, Wonderland Boutique
- Youth Heroes Award - Two TIL youth who have displayed remarkable resilience and dedication toward becoming self-sufficient
Tickets are $100 per person ($75 for government agency employees) and are available for purchase online at website.
For more information or to secure a sponsorship, please contact DeAnn Hazey, CFRE,Chief Development Officer at call or email.
6900 State Road 84,